Rules for Australian Patience
- Twenty-eight cards dealt in seven tableau piles, with four face up cards in each.
- Any exposed card, regardless of its position in the tableau, may be built in descending suit sequence on the top card of another pile.
- The top card of a pile is always available for play on a foundation.
- A space made by clearing away an entire pile may be filled by only a King (plus the cards, if any, covering the King).
- Turn up cards from the stock one at a time in a discard pile.
- The top card of the discard pile is available for play on foundations or tableau piles.
- The stock is not recycled.
- Move the four Aces to the row above the tableau as they are made available.
- Build the foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King.
- Move all the cards to the foundations.
Scoring: One point for each card moved to a foundation. Maximum score is 52.
Chance of Winning: 1 in 5 games with skilled play.