Rules for Double Klondike
Also known as Gargantua. This is a two deck version of Klondike. Other similar games in Solitaire Plus include Canfield. NOTE: This game is also available for purchase as an individual title in the Mac App Store.
- Forty-five cards dealt in nine tableau piles.
- The number of cards per pile increases from one to nine from left to right.
- The top card of each pile is face up (exposed), the rest are face down (hidden).
- Build exposed cards down in value and alternating suit color.
- The top card of a pile is always available for play on a foundation.
- Exposed cards built down in value and alternating suit color can be moved as a unit if the bottommost card of the pile may be built on top of another pile.
- Whenever the exposed cards of a pile are cleared away, the next card is exposed and becomes available for play.
- A space made by clearing away an entire pile may be filled by only a King (plus the cards, if any, built on the King).
- Turn up cards from the stock one or three at a time (see Variations below) in a discard pile.
- The top card of the discard pile is available for play on foundations or tableau piles.
- Unused cards in the discard pile are recycled after the stock is depleted.
- Move the eight Aces to the row above the tableau as they are made available.
- Build the foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King.
- Move all the cards to the foundations.
Available Variations: Use the popup menu in the speed bar to select either one-card or three-card draw. Once a game is started, the number to draw cannot be altered without starting a new game.
There is no limit on the number of times the stock may be recycled if cards are drawn three at a time. If only one card is drawn from the stock, then the stock may only be recycled once, for a total of two passes through the stock.
Scoring: One point for each card moved to a foundation. Maximum score is 104.
Chance of Winning: 1 in 3 games.