Rules for Eight Off
Eight Off is identical to Baker's Game with the exception that the only Kings are allowed in empty tableau spaces and an additional four free cells are available (for a total of eight). This significantly increases the chances of winning. Other similar games in Solitaire Plus include Sea Towers.
- A tableau of all 48 cards contained in 8 piles spread downward (6 cards per pile).
- The remaining 4 cards are dealt to the free cells.
- Eight free cells are present above the tableau. Free cells may contain only one card at a time.
- Move the top card of the tableau piles or free cells to the foundations or other tableau piles.
- On the tableau, build in descending suit sequence.
- Only one card at a time may be moved unless there are unoccupied free cells.
- Additional cards may be dragged from the tableau for each free cell that is unoccupied as long as the pile is built in descending suit sequence.
- A space made by clearing away an entire pile may be filled by only a King (plus the cards, if any, built on the King).
- Move the four Aces to the column to the right of the tableau as they are made available.
- Build the foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King.
- Move all the cards to the foundations.
Tips: Keep free cells unoccupied as much as possible.
Specific Shortcuts: Double-clicking a card with the left mouse, single-clicking with the key pressed, or clicking with the right mouse button (if you have a multi-button mouse) will move it to the foundation if possible. Otherwise, the card will move to an unoccupied free cell.
Scoring: One point for each card moved to a foundation. Maximum score is 52.
Chance of Winning: 19 of 20 games.