Rules for Forty Thieves
- A tableau of forty cards, in ten columns each containing four cards.
- The top cards of the tableau piles are available for play on foundations or other tableau piles.
- Only one card at a time may be moved.
- Build tableau piles in descending suit sequence.
- A space made by clearing a column may be filled by any available card from the tableau or from the wastepile.
- Click on the stock to turn up cards to the wastepile.
- The top card of the wastepile may be played to a foundation or tableau.
- The stock is not recycled.
- Move the eight Aces to the row below the tableau as they are made available.
- Build the foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King.
- Move all the cards to the foundations.
Tips: You are entitled to see the next card from the stock before making any decision. Use the privilege by selecting Peek... from the speed bar. The Peek panel can remain open during moves and need not be closed.
Strategy: Survey the tableau and identify the pile that has the best chance of being cleared. Work toward clearing away one or two piles as soon as possible. Most of the important decisions will take place after one or two piles have been cleared.
Scoring: One point for each card moved to a foundation. Maximum score is 104.
Chance of Winning: 1 in 10 games.