Rules for La Belle Lucie
Similar games in Solitaire Plus include Beleaguered Castle.
- A tableau of all 52 cards, in 17 piles of three cards oriented horizontally and one pile of a single card.
- The top card of a tableau pile is available for play on foundations or other tableau piles.
- Only one card at a time can be moved.
- Build tableau piles in descending suit sequence by clicking on the card you wish to move. Only one location can be available for a given card, therefore the card is moved immediately (no drag required).
- A space made by clearing a pile will remain empty until the remaining cards are shuffled and redealt (see Shuffle Remaining below).
- At any time during play, you may click the mouse button with the Option (or Alt) key depressed simultaneously on a covered card in any tableau pile. The card that is clicked will move to the top of the pile and become available for play. Only one draw is allowed.
- If no further moves are available to either the tableau or foundations, select the Shuffle Remaining menu item (or use the button in the speed/status bar). All remaining cards in the tableau will be gathered, shuffled, and redealt in groups of three (or less in the last pile if necessary).
- Two shuffles of the remaining cards are allowed. "Shuffle Remaining" cannot be undone. The game can, however, be restarted from the beginning.
- Build the foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King.
- Move all the cards to the foundations.
Strategy: Survey the tableau and identify the cards that should be exposed so that as many cards as possible can be played to the foundations before shuffling the remaining cards in the tableau.
Scoring: One point for each card moved to a foundation. Maximum score is 52.
Chance of Winning: 3 in 5 games.