Detailed Revision HistoryVersion 3.3 - Released March 22, 2013
- Smoother animations and card movements.
- Added animation of card turns from the stock.
- Animations removed for Restart action.
- Autoplay now triggers the action on enable as well as after each card move as before.
- Much improved Spider smart-dragging and one-click moves; now includes multiple move options for a card beyond the previous limit of two possible moves when clicked repeatedly (smart-actions can still be overridden by dragging the cards over a specific target pile).
- Bug fix: Fixed some missing Help link bugs inadvertently introduced in version 3.2.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with foundations in Canfield and Queen of Italy allowing more than 13 cards in each.
Version 3.2 - Released February 1, 2013
- Requires OS X version 10.7 or later.
- Adds animations for moves and autoplays to clarify card movements.
- Displays the "open hand" cursor when a valid drop position is found during a move.
- Bug fix: Includes foundation pile graphics missing from version 3.1.
Version 3.1 - Released January 10, 2013
- Requires OS X version 10.6 or later. Intel processors only.
- Supports optional full-screen display in Lion and Mountain Lion.
Version 3.0 - Released March 2, 2011
- Requires OS X version 10.5 or later.
- Now uses standard top toolbar which can be customized or hidden.
- New empty foundation and tableau placeholder graphics for clarity.
- Vegas scoring now cumulative until statistics are cleared for given game.
- Last game in play when app was exited is now restored when app is relaunched.
- Statistics can now be cleared for all games (Statistics | Clear for All Games).
- German language translation removed. Game is English only.
Version 2.2.2 - Released August 23, 2010
- Single-click now moves a card to an open free cell in FreeCell, Baker's Game, Eight Off, and Sea Towers if "One-Click Moves" is enabled and no other move is available.
- Fixed "protected cards" bug on first move of a restored Indian Patience game.
- Fix for blurred cards in pyramid piles on Snow Leopard.
- Improved sound syncing in win animation.
- Subtle shading added for tiled backgrounds on Leopard (or later) when 3D cards are selected.
Version 2.2.1 - Released June 30, 2010
- Non-functioning "Restart Game" feature fixed in restored Spider games.
- Fixed game save/restore issues on Panther (MacOS X 10.3.x).
Version 2.2 - Released June 20, 2010
- All games now automatically save and restore including the full undo/redo history.
Version 2.1.1 - Released September 22, 2009
- Fixes pixel rounding issue that resulted in blurred large card pips on Snow Leopard.
Version 2.1 - Released September 19, 2009
- New face card artwork.
- Optional "Tip of the Day" panel at launch for English language.
- Support for radial color gradient background for MacOS X 10.5 and later.
Version 2.0.1 - Released August 28, 2009
- Restores missing faces for cards in Snow Leopard.
Version 2.0 - Released June 27, 2009
- Requires OS X version 10.3 or later.
- New large card size preference designed for 1440 x 900 display resolutions and higher.
- Six new built-in card backs.
- Support for gradient color fills as a game background.
- Support for drag and drop of custom card back and game background images from the Finder.
Version 1.3.1 - Released April 20, 2009
- Last version of Solitaire Plus that runs on OS X 10.2/10.1.
- Fixed problem with German language localization that prevented games from functioning.
- Minor German localization edits.
Version 1.3 - Released April 2, 2009
- Added drop shadow to card drags and improved 3D card artwork.
- Canfield, Double Klondike, Klondike, and Spider now display statistics by game variation (1 card draw, 3 card draw, easy, etc.).
- Spider now checks for Autoplay, when enabled, after clicking the stock pile.
- Fixed crash when the Spider win animation is interrupted by a deal from the Variations panel.
- Fixed bug with Autoplay setting retention in SeaTowers.
Version 1.2.2 - Released March 22, 2007
- "Game Backgrounds" images now included in the game in a more convenient selection list that also includes a new "Random Selection" option.
- Custom background images now can be optionally stretched to fit the game window.
- New grace in Queen of Italy whereby the reserve cards are freed for use in the tableau when the stock and wastepile are exhausted.
- Smart-dragging now always moves foundation base cards to a foundation as the first choice.
- General improvements in mouse-click responsiveness.
- German language localization updates.
Version 1.2.1 - Released September 7, 2006
- Missing sounds restored for Intel-based Mac users (no changes for PowerPC users).
Version 1.2 - Released September 2, 2006
- Application is now a Universal Binary and runs natively on Intel-based Macs (OS X 10.1 and later still supported on PowerPC-based Macs!).
- Added German language localization.
- Added overall average score and pie chart for wins/losses in statistics display.
- Confirm dialog beeps now suppressed if all sounds are disabled.
- Fixed bug with Baker's Dozen play (empty tableau spaces cannot be filled with any card).
- Fixed problem with cumulative Vegas scoring display when "Skip All Confirms" is selected.
- Fixed crashing problem when interrupting the Aces Up win animation with a new game.
- Fixed bug with semicolon and bracket characters in custom image and sound filenames.
- Fixed bug with solid color background selections that were not RGB.
Version 1.1.3 - Released April 23, 2005
- Autoplay speed is now adjustable.
- Kings are now correctly dealt to the bottom of tableau piles in Baker's Dozen.
- Card spacing is preserved in the drag image when large piles are moved.
- Top card of Reserve can now be dragged to a foundation in Queen of Italy.
- Fixed Register panel issue for OS X 10.1 users and problems with names containing extended characters.
- Miscellaneous Help corrections and graphic design updates.
Version 1.1.2 - Released February 2, 2005
- Fixed bouncing card win animation problems in Forty Thieves.
- Fixed bug whereby game would quit if hidden during the win animation.
- Peek panel in Forty Thieves now correctly updates after undo/redo action.
- Right mouse button click now supported as a "move to foundation" shortcut.
- App automatically displays the Game List if reactivated or unhidden with no visible window.
Version 1.1.1 - Released January 28, 2005
- Card symbols were brightened and the card edges were softened for a more pleasing overall appearance.
Version 1.1 - Released January 26, 2005
- Improved shuffle algorithm.
[NOTE: Deals in version 1.1 no longer match previous versions for the same deal number, with the exception of the first 32,000 deals in FreeCell which are unchanged.]
- Bouncing card animation on wins.
- Optional one-click moves (great for laptop users!).
- Option to open Help in your default web browser.
- A "Skip All Confirms" option by popular request.
- Improved artwork including new toolbar icons and additional foundation glyphs.
- A new "Check for Updates" feature for registered users to access all future updates to the game.
- The first 1 million deals of FreeCell now match the Microsoft Windows XP version. This means Mac users can take advantage of the many FreeCell analysis sites.
- Bug fix: Unmatched cards in the Canfield reserve no longer move to the bottom of the reserve.
- Bug fix: Montana reshuffles now display properly even if "Perform Animation on Deals" is disabled.
- Bug fix: Spurious face down card issues in Beleaguered Castle are resolved.
Version 1.0 - Released October 30, 2003
- All 30 games are completed including first release of Flower Garden, Giza, La Belle Lucie, Montana (Gaps), Nestor, Pyramid, Pyramid Golf, and Queen of Italy (Terrace).
- Undo/Redo key repeats no longer queue long delays waiting for sounds to finish playing.
Version 0.92 - Released August 1, 2003
- Four new games: Aces Up, Baker's Dozen, Canfield, and Golf. Total of 22 of the 30 games now function.
- Fix of scoring bugs in games with foundations when manually dragging cards to foundations (double-clicks and Ctrl+click worked).
- Fix of crashing bug when a custom startup sound was selected without first specifying a sound file to play.
- Single-draw Double Klondike would not allow the 2nd pass through the stock; now fixed.
Version 0.91 - Released June 20, 2003
- Four new games: Double Scorpion, Scorpion, Scorpion II, and Simple Simon. Total of 18 of the 30 games now function.
- Improved dragging action: you may click and hold the mouse button and then initiate a drag at will.
- Fixed undo/redo bugs with cards dragged from foundation piles.
- Game logic bug with open tableau spaces fixed in FreeCell, Baker's Game, and Eight Off.
- Fixed help display problems in pre-Jaguar versions of MacOS X.
Version 0.90 (first release for retail sale) - Released June 10, 2003
- Implemented the following additional games: Australian Patience, Baker's Game, Beleaguered Castle, Double Klondike, Double Yukon, Eight Off, Forty Thieves, Indian Patience, Russian Solitaire, Sea Towers, Spider, and Yukon. Total of 14 of the 30 games now function.
- Multi-level Spider game implementation: Easy, Medium, and Challenging levels available.
- Large tableau piles automatically resize to keep all cards visible.
- Improved discard pile action in Klondike-type games.
- Foundation piles now display foundation value glyph.
- Game selection by number now available (in registered version only).
- Complete help integrated into Apple's HelpViewer.
- Custom startup sound support.
- Volume preference now available for game sounds.
Version 0.54 (free Alpha preview) - Released April 28, 2003
- Klondike (standard 'solitaire') is now playable with 1 or 3 card draw and Vegas scoring options. Use the space bar as a shortcut to deal from the stock.
- Can either double-click a card, or single-click with the Control key depressed, to move a card to a foundation or freecell.
- Statistics tracking and display now available. Stats are only saved for games which have been started. A 'started' game is typically more than 5 moves.
- Tiled image backgrounds now work. The 1.0 release will ship with 100+ backgrounds.
- Custom card back images now work.
- Game windows can now resize to fill the entire screen.
- Key shortcuts can now optionally omit the Command (or Apple) key (see the Options panel Other tab).
Version 0.53 (free Alpha preview) - Released April 21, 2003
- Fixed bug with shuffling algorithm.
- Metal theme used for GameList and FreeCell windows.
- Sound play much improved -- no more pops and cracks.
- New info panel with link to this page.
- App Quit menu item no longer terminates a game in progress (> 5 moves) without warning.
- "Disable All Sounds" now works as expected.
- Non-animated deals now display.