Rules for FreeCell
- A tableau of all 52 cards contained in 8 piles spread downward.
- Four free cells present at the upper left of the tableau. Free cells may contain only one card at a time.
- Move the top card of the tableau piles or free cells to the foundations or other tableau piles.
- On the tableau, build down in value and alternating suit color.
- Only one card at a time may be moved unless there are unoccupied free cells.
- Additional cards may be dragged from the tableau for each free cell that is unoccupied as long as the pile is built down in value and alternating suit color.
- Fill any space with cards from the tableau or an occupied free cell.
- Move the four Aces to the row above and to the right of the tableau as they are made available.
- Build the foundations in ascending suit sequence from Ace to King.
- Move all the cards to the foundations.
Tips: Keep free cells unoccupied as much as possible. Try to clear tableau piles where possible, since each cleared pile can act as another free cell.
Specific Shortcuts: Double-clicking a card with the left mouse, single-clicking with the key pressed, or clicking with the right mouse button (if you have a multi-button mouse) will move it to the foundation if possible. Otherwise, the card will move to an unoccupied free cell.
Scoring: One point for each card moved to a foundation. Maximum score is 52.
Chance of Winning: The vast majority of games are winnable.