Rules for Montana
Also known as Gaps or Spaces.
- A tableau of all 52 cards, in 4 rows, and do not overlap the cards.
- The 4 Aces are discarded to create 4 spaces.
- Each space may be filled with the next-higher card of the same suit.
- Click a space to fill it, or click on the card you want to move to a space.
- A space in the first column can only be filled with a Two from any suit.
- A King blocks any spaces to the right of the King. Continue arranging the cards of each row in ascending value within the same suit (from left to right) until all moves are blocked by a King.
- If all spaces are blocked by a King, select the Shuffle Remaining menu item (or use the button in the speed/status bar). All cards not in ascending value within the same suit (starting with a Two in the first column), will be gathered, shuffled, and redealt so that a space is created to the right of the last card in sequence on each row.
- Two shuffles of the remaining cards are allowed. "Shuffle Remaining" cannot be undone. The game can, however, be restarted from the beginning.
- The game is won if you arrange all cards so that each row begins with a Two and ends with a King for each suit.
Scoring: One point for each card that is arranged in sequence. Maximum score is 48.
Chance of Winning: 1 in 20 games.